Levitra (Generic), How to Buy, How to Take, Side Effects, Competitors, and more
If you have trouble getting hard or maintaining an erection on your own or with a partner, you may feel as if your sex life is over. This can be true whether you are 35 or 85 as intimacy is something that nearly all humans need.
There’s no need to feel as if you are alone in this battle: It’s estimated that up to 15% of men suffer from erectile dysfunction, or ED. Thankfully, the last couple of decades have seen tremendous efforts in the development of medications that can treat ED.
Today, it’s possible to take a pill and experience a strong, long-lasting erection within an hour, allowing you to take back control of your sexual health and well-being. One of these medicines is Levitra.
Where to Buy Levitra cheap generic Online Over the Counter
Levitra, also known by its generic name vardenafil, was first developed by a group of pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline, and Schering-Plough. The development of Levitra was a response to the growing need for effective treatments for erectile dysfunction at a time when there were very limited options.
In 1998, the Food and Drug Administration in the US approved the very first ED medication, Viagra, which has gone on to become one of most popular medications in the world. Seeing the success of Viagra, the companies behind Levitra aimed to create a similarly effective drug with some improvements. After several years of research and clinical trials, Levitra was approved by the FDA in August 2003 as a safe and effective treatment for ED.
Levitra became the second oral ED medication to hit the market, and would later be followed by Cialis in 2003. Since its introduction, Levitra has helped millions of men around the world improve their sexual performance and enjoy a better quality of life.
How Levitra works
Levitra, like other erectile dysfunction medicines, belongs to a group of drugs called PDE5 inhibitors. In simplest terms, these medicines work by relaxing the blood vessels throughout your body. This allows for increased blood flow, making it easier for you to produce and maintain an erection when you’re being sexually stimulated.
It’s very important to note that Levitra only works when you’re sexually aroused. It’s not like an aphrodisiac which may put you in the mood; it’s not going to cause erections on its own or increase your sexual desire. Instead, it helps to support the natural process of getting an erection when you’re being stimulated.
Is Levitra Right for You?
You may be eager to try Levitra to improve your sex life, but before you do that, you should better understand what erectile dysfunction is.
Explaining Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction, also called impotence, is the inability to produce or keep an erection for sexual activity. Men who suffer from ED may be able to get hard, but then the erection goes away too soon. Others may not be able to get hard at all. This medical condition can affect all kinds of men, regardless of age and overall health.
Note that there may be times when it’s completely normal to experience issues with getting hard. For example, when you’ve had too much to drink or are highly stressed. These instances aren’t considered ED. Erectile dysfunction is defined as not being able to perform 50% of the time you try.
Being the Ideal Candidate for Levitra
Levitra can help men from all walks of life achieve a more fulfilling sex life. However, there are some criteria that can improve your chances of success while using this medicine.
- Be in relatively good health: This means exercising regularly, eating a healthy diet, and abstaining from drugs and alcohol.
- Controlling other conditions: If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart problems, or other serious diseases, Levitra may be too dangerous for you to use. It’s best to get these under control before seeking out Levitra.
- Avoiding drug interactions: If you’re taking certain medicines, such as nitrates for chest pain or other erectile dysfunction drugs, you may not be a good candidate for Levitra due to the increased chance for negative side effects.
How to Take Levitra
The following are general guidelines for taking Levitra. It’s always best to follow the instructions provided by a doctor to be sure you’re taking this medicine in the best way for your particular circumstances.
The usual starting dose of Levitra is 10mg, but your doctor may adjust it depending on your individual needs and response to the medication. The max recommended dose is 20mg, and 5mg is also an option if you don’t require full strength. Don’t take more than the prescribed dose, and never take Levitra more than once in a 24-hour period.
Take Levitra about 30 to 60 minutes before sexual activity. Remember that the medicine will only help if you are being sexually stimulated.
The effects of Levitra typically last for 4 to 5 hours, but this may vary from person to person.
Don’t take Levitra if you’ve been heavily drinking or taking drugs. The medicine may not work, but you will have an increased chance of experiencing some of its side effects.
You can take Levitra after a meal, but avoid fatty foods as they can cause the medicine to take longer to kick in.
Levitra Side Effects
As with any medication, there is a chance you may experience side effects when taking Levitra. Thankfully, most men report that they haven’t experienced side effects or that they’re mild.
Here is what you may see after taking the medicine:
- Headache: This is the number one side effect that users of Levitra report. Headaches typically affect 10 to 30% of men, but they’re usually mild and go away in a few hours.
- Flushing: You might experience warmth, redness, or tingling sensations in your face, neck, or chest when you take Levitra. Like headaches, this will go away within a few hours.
- Stuffy or runny nose: This may seem like a strange side effect, but remember that medicines like Levitra promote increased blood flow throughout your body, including your nasal cavities. This can lead to feelings of congestion.
- Indigestion or upset stomach: Some men experience digestive discomfort, such as heartburn, stomach pain, or nausea, when taking Levitra. You can minimize this side effect by drinking plenty of water with your pill and avoiding heavy meals.
There are also more serious side effects associated with the use of Levitra. If you experience any of the following, you should immediately seek the care of a doctor:
- Sudden vision loss or changes: Levitra can cause sudden vision loss or changes, such as difficulty distinguishing colors or increased light sensitivity.
- Sudden hearing loss or ringing in the ears: You might suddenly experience a decrease in hearing, as if there is cotton in your ears, or you may hear a loud ringing or buzzing.
- Dizziness, fainting, or lightheadedness: Levitra can cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure, resulting in dizziness or fainting. This can be dangerous if you’re alone or driving.
- Heart attack: If you feel chest pain, jaw or shoulder pain, nausea, or intense sweating in the hours after taking Levitra, these are signs of a heart attack.
- A long-last erection: Many men joke that an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours is a godsend, but it’s actually a serious side effect that requires immediate help to prevent permanent damage.
Levitra vs. Competitors
Levitra is one of several medications available to treat erectile dysfunction. You’ve likely heard of others, including Viagra and Cialis. Each medication has its unique characteristics, and choosing the right one depends on your individual preferences and needs.
Here’s a comparison of Levitra vs. other ED medications:
- How long to start working: 30 to 60 minutes
- How long it lasts: 4 to 5 hours
- Can be taken with food: Yes
- How long to start working: 30 to 60 minutes
- How long it lasts: 4 to 5 hours
- Can be taken with food: No
- How long to start working: 30 to 45 minutes
- How long it lasts: Up to 36 hours
- Can be taken with food: Yes
Levitra is a great choice if you’re looking for a fast-acting drug that you can take with food. Unlike Viagra, which doesn’t work well if you’ve eaten, Levitra is perfect for use after a dinner date.
You’ll notice that Cialis produces longer results. This can definitely be a benefit in certain situations, but remember that the longer a drug stays in your system, the longer you’re likely to experience side effects. If you don’t have a long, romantic weekend planned, Levitra is likely the better option.
How to Buy Levitra
You can buy Levitra from a local pharmacy or purchase your meds online. As you’re probably already familiar with buying locally, let’s talk about the benefits of an online pharmacy:
- Convenience: You can order Levitra right from your couch, without the need to visit a physical pharmacy. This saves time and effort, as you don’t have to wait in lines or spend money on gas.
- Privacy: You can shop discreetly with an online pharmacy, which can be quite comforting when you’re buying a medicine such as Levitra. You don’t have to talk to a pharmacist or worry about nearby customers overhearing your conversation.
- Lower prices: Because online pharmacies ship from warehouses rather than selling from locations on every street corner, they generally have lower overhead costs. These savings are generally reflected in medication costs, meaning you pay less.
- More options: Online pharmacies typically have many more options for you to choose from. This may not be a huge benefit if you prefer to take brand-name Levitra, but if you’re interested in taking a generic version which may cost even less, you’ll see offerings from several manufacturers.
Levitra is a proven and effective treatment option for erectile dysfunction, helping men like you regain your sexual confidence and improve your intimate relationships. It’s similar to other ED medications on the market, but the fact that you can take it with a meal makes it stand-out and perhaps the right choice for your particular situation.
How long does it take for Levitra to work?
For most men, Levitra typically starts working within 30 to 60 minutes after taking it. However, remember that the onset time may vary person by person and even in different situations.
How long does Levitra last?
The effects of Levitra usually last around 4 to 5 hours. How long it works for you will depend on individual factors, such as your age or metabolism.
Can you take Levitra with food?
Yes, you can take Levitra with or without food. This makes it different from Viagra, which is best taken on an empty stomach. No matter which ED med you choose, you should always avoid fatty foods prior to consumption to prevent a delay in the medicine’s effectiveness.
Is Levitra safe for everyone?
Levitra is intended for adult men who are experiencing recurring erectile dysfunction. It’s not meant for women or males under the age of 18. To be sure that this drug is safe and appropriate for your circumstances, you should consult with a doctor.
Can I take Levitra daily?
Levitra is not designed for daily use. Instead, you should only take it when you plan to engage in sexual relations. It takes just an hour to kick in, so it does allow for some spontaneity. Don’t take more Levitra than prescribed as it won’t produce better results, and don’t take this medicine more than once in a 24-hour period.
What should I do if Levitra doesn’t work?
If you don’t experience the intended results when taking Levitra, don’t panic. Consult with your doctor to see if you need a higher dosage or whether a different medication or treatment plan may be more appropriate.
Can I buy Levitra online?
You can absolutely buy Levitra online, and it’s usually going to be the most convenient and cost-effective option you have. When you buy Levitra from an online pharmacy, you’ll enjoy privacy, low costs, and more selection.
Is there a generic version of Levitra?
Yes, the generic version of Levitra is called vardenafil. Generic medications can be a great choice because they have the same active ingredients and effectiveness as their brand-name counterparts, but they’re usually more affordable.